50 years ago -- September 3, 1974 -- I and 40 other young and naïve Swedes entered two old Scania buses who were to take us from Stockholm to New Delhi in six weeks. We were not hippies, just ordinary people, but we did travel on what was once called the Silk Road, and in the 1960s became known as the "Hippie Trail." I was 20, an atheist and politically radical, so I was definitively not looking to find a Guru or spiritual enlightenment in India. And I had no desire to end up on a rooftop in Kathmandu, smoking pot. I was interested in the world, and this was an opportunity that had opened, and didn't cost much, since we slept on the buses. You can read more about my 3 1/2-month journey in my new book - A Swede on the Hippie Trail (1974) which is now globally available on Amazon.
Welcome to Galerie Constance - An Online Museum - Välkomna till Galerie
Constance
-
Welcome to *Galerie Constance,* the latest addition to my *Nordic Link*
Substack. My intention is to share *Harald Sandberg’s* art and relevant
photos a...
3 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment